Would you like more information about this offer or would you like to use our services? Please contact our teams.
Issues and needs
Providing access to open data is one of the keys to promoting the pooling and development of more transparent scientific knowledge that can be reused and applied in different fields. With this in mind, in its position as the French Geological Survey, BRGM collects scientific data about the management of surface and sub-surface geological risks and resources, which it then makes openly available through its web portals. The information produced by BRGM is an essential asset for many sectors, in which environmental factors need to be increasingly taken into account.
Whether you are a start-up, a design office, small or large company or organisation, our training will help you to:
- precisely identify the relevant BRGM data available (Geology, Natural and technological risks, Groundwater, Mineral resources, Geothermal energy, etc.);
- improve your teams' understanding and appreciation of the data so they can use it effectively in a professional context;
- easily exploit the data with the help of scientific experts so that you can analyse and integrate them into your own tools, notably to assist in decision-making.
Our added value
BRGM has been providing open access to different data sources for several decades, through:
- geological maps that can be viewed and downloaded at different scales, along with their explanatory notes;
- observation summaries drawn up using information from its databases (boreholes from the subsurface database (BSS), ground movements, former industrial sites, etc.);
- public reports on research and audits.
BRGM's training organisation will help you to make optimum use of our data-distribution portals and our various digital databases: According to your needs, our training centre will help you improve your skills by enabling you to:
- understand and characterise the different data;
- handle and exploit the data, regardless of their format;
- use our map viewers;
- reuse the data in other tools (GIS, web services, etc.).
BRGM uses high-performance IT infrastructures to protect these data and ensure their long-term availability. Our training centre provides trainees with an ideal training environment on its Orleans campus (numerous rooms with interactive equipment, company restaurant, etc.) but also provides remote training courses through video-conferencing tools.
A few references
- Tailor-made training courses on all subsurface data, focusing on specific areas of interest to trainees in the fields of water (waste-water treatment plants and equipment manufacturers) and energy (photovoltaic energy production).
- InfoTerre: Web portal and map viewer for interoperable geoscientific data. Downloadable national reference data and access to BRGM's collection of public reports.
- Géorisques: Web portal that publishes public data on natural and technology-related geological risks. Generation of documents that compile all the available information by address or cadastral land plot.
- ADES: French national portal for groundwater data, with a map viewer and detailed information about major structures.
- Hub'eau: Platform providing access to the data of the Water Information System (SIE) via APIs.