Head office - scientific and technical centre in Orléans
3 avenue Claude-Guillemin, BP 36009
45060 Orléans Cedex 02
Access map - BRGM Head office
Reception desk in Orléans - Bookstore service, library and map library
BRGM library and map library
The BRGM library and map library is open to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons (from 1.30 pm to 5 pm), by appointment.
To take an appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Orléans bookstore service - BRGM Éditions
Monday to Friday
9 am - 11.30 am; 2 pm - 5 pm
Tel. : +33 (0)2 38 64 30 28
How to get there
From Paris-Austerlitz station to BRGM, by public transportation
- Train from Paris-Austerlitz: either to Orléans-les Aubrais or to Orléans-Centre.
- Then by tram* (line A, towards “Hôpital de la Source”) to the “Chèques Postaux” tram stop (trams are more frequent and regular than buses - approx. every 5 min.).
- Continue on foot (15 minutes), via avenue Denis-Diderot and avenue de la Recherche scientifique ; alternatively take bus n°26 towards “La Saussaye” to the “Paul Langevin” bus stop just opposite the BRGM.
- The journey from the train station will take 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- From Orléans-Centre train station, you can also take the bus n°70 (towards “ESAT Rodin, Orléans-la-Source”) to the “Paul Langevin” bus stop.
- Alternatively: take the train from Orléans-Centre train station to Saint-Cyr-en-Val, then bus n°26 (towards “Chèques postaux”) to the “Paul Langevin” bus stop.
- From Paris or Tours, take the A10 motorway towards Orléans, then the A71 towards Clermont-Ferrand as far as turnoff n°2 for Orléans-la Source / Olivet.
- After the toll booth, continue straight ahead for 3 km on the D2271 towards Orléans-la Source.
- At the turn-off, go right towards La Ferté-Saint-Aubin and follow the D2020 for 3.5 km up to the Novotel roundabout. Take the small road at exit 4 into Orléans.
- At the next roundabout you reach, turn right onto Avenue de Concyr. Drive past EHPAD La Source and continue straight on.
- At the 2nd roundabout, take the 2nd exit towards Parc Floral.
- At the 3rd roundabout, take the 2nd exit (straight ahead): the BRGM entrance is immediately on your right. Park in the Visitors Car Park and go to Reception (Accueil) for your entrance pass.
- From Orléans-Centre, take the D2020 towards Vierzon.
- Cross the Maréchal-Joffre Bridge and continue for 4 km.
- This will take you past a shopping centre and the Zenith concert hall, then across the River Loiret.
- Continue for another 6 km up to the Novotel roundabout, then follow the directions given above.
Some city-centre hotels
Mercure Orléans centre****
44, quai Barentin
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 62 17 39
Hôtel de l’Abeille***
64, rue d’Alsace-Lorraine
Tel: +33 (0)2 46 82 06 75
Escale Océania Orléans***
16, quai Saint-Laurent
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 54 47 65
Le Grand Hôtel***
1, rue de la Lionne
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 53 19 79
Ibis Orléans centre-gare***
17, avenue de Paris
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 62 40 40
Ibis Orléans centre***
4, rue du Maréchal-Foch
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 54 23 11
Other hotels close to the BRGM
Mercure Orléans Portes de Sologne****
200, allée des Quatre vents
Domaine de Limère
Tél. : +33 (0)2 38 49 99 99
Novotel Orléans-la Source****
2, rue Honoré-de-Balzac
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 63 04 28
Kyriad Orléans Sud Olivet la Source***
75, rue de Bourges
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 63 58 20
Campanile Orléans-Sud La Source***
326, rue Châteaubriand
45100 Orléans-La Source
Tel: +33 (0)2 38 63 58 20
Wi-Fi connection on the Orléans site via the Eduroam network
Eduroam is a network service that allows users from a higher education establishment or research institution that is a member of the Eduroam network to obtain access to the network of another member institution without any prior steps. BRGM is a member of the Eduroam network and as such offers its visitors the opportunity to connect to the Eduroam network in its Orléans head office.
Conditions for access to BRGM's Eduroam network
The Eduroam network is accessible to visitors to BRGM Orléans on condition that:
- they be affiliated with a higher education or research institution which is a member of the eduroam network;
- they use the network in compliance with the BRGM network usage charter;
- they be in a place which offers access to the Eduroam network (meeting room, auditorium, accommodation area).
How to connect to the Eduroam network
To authenticate yourself on Eduroam, regardless of which institution is a member of the Eduroam network, you must use:
- your usual identifier, which you use in your establishment of origin, completed by @the_domain_of_your_establishment. Example: email@example.com
- your usual password, used in your home establishment.
The connection to the Eduroam network has increased data protection (802.1x / WPA standard). This protection is active not only at the time of authentication, but also while using the network.
To find out more
Business tenancies at BRGM Orléans
The BRGM leases some of its premises at its scientific centre in Orléans La Source to businesses.
The BRGM's 27-hectare scientific centre at Orléans La Source includes over 40 buildings (offices, laboratories, technical premises, pilot facility).
To optimise the use of its property, the BRGM leases its unoccupied premises to companies:
BRGM regional agencies
BRGM runs 13 regional divisions and 5 delegations in mainland France, as well as 5 regional divisions and a branch office in Overseas France. Its responsibilities for mine safety are carried out through its 4 regional post-mining units, covering the French mining basins.
Contact us by email
A question, a request? Fill in the contact form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.