The BRGM Group's subsidiaries and holdings are grouped under three holding companies (Sageos, Coframines and BRGM SA) corresponding to four business lines:
- geothermal energy, with CFG Services, a 66,66% BRGM subsidiary, and Géothermie Bouillante, in which BRGM holds a 15% stake;
- measurement instruments for geophysical, hydrogeological, hydraulic, geotechnical and mining surveys, with IRIS Instruments, 51% owned by BRGM (the Japanese group OYO owns 49%);
- traceability in the re-use of excavated earth, with a 40% stake in Soltracing;
- the mining sector, with residual equity in the mining sector (dormant companies with no activities planned or companies under liquidation) and a minority share in Eramet.
CFG (French Geothermal Company)
The Compagnie Française de Géothermie (CFG) is a leading company in the geoenergy market, with activities in four areas:
- Studies and consultancy in geothermal resources;
- Project design, engineering and management for all geothermal applications (including EGS and hot springs);
- Operational maintenance and monitoring;
- Expert appraisal, services and products in corrosion and industrial microbiology.
CFG offers its clients the subsurface expertise required for the design, implementation and operational monitoring of projects for geothermal extraction from all types of deep and shallow subsurface environments and for a wide range of temperatures. CFG’s expertise has extended to include engineering services for geothermal loops and fluid conditioning.
CFG has two technical divisions:
- The IMO division handles project engineering and management (upstream sector: resource characterisation, design and implementation) and;
- The MSE division handles maintenance and operational monitoring (downstream sector: commissioning, operational monitoring and maintenance, and rehabilitation.
66.66%SAGEOS holding (BRGM Group)
It is jointly owned by BRGM (51% holding) and the Japanese geotechnology group OYO (49%).
IRIS Instruments, established in 1990, designs, produces and markets geophysics equipment for environmental applications, water prospecting, geotechnologies and mineral prospecting.
Its electrical prospecting, induced polarisation, magnetic resonance and electromagnetism equipment is in use on every continent.