Geothermal borehole on the BRGM platform (Orléans, 2021).
Issues and needs
Whether you represent government departments, landowners, operators, design offices or drilling companies, you need to optimise your administrative and technical procedures for underground works in order to ensure:
- Compliance with regulations: French Mining Code (Article L411-1) and Environmental Code
- Standardised terminology to describe boreholes and drilling operations, as well as standardised formatting
- Agile monitoring of your procedures: single centralisation interface, real-time progress report, notifications, etc.
Streamlined processes optimise the transfer of information to the Subsurface database (BSS), thus ensuring data are disseminated and shared more rapidly, while also ensuring their consistency and quality.
Our added value
With more than 60 years' experience in geosciences and extensive expertise in collecting, processing and disseminating data, BRGM was commissioned by the French government to set up innovative web solutions in order to simplify the procedures for declaring subsurface works, in compliance with the legislation.
The DUPLOS (Unified Declaration for Underground Works) online declaration service provides:
- A user-friendly web portal to optimise the user experience (no need to download software);
- A personalised, secure dashboard to monitor the status of the declaration process;
- A feature to export (.csv format) the dashboard;
- A map-based display to identify the location of the works declared;
- Direct contact between the registering party and the department responsible for authorisations;
- Instant access to a BSS identifier, once the declaration has been transmitted.
The DiaLog web application enables users to describe the geological and technical nature of their works, and includes the following features:
- A direct interconnection with the DUPLOS reporting platform;
- A summary of the work described and the corresponding declaration (these elements are automatically imported from DUPLOS);
- Easy and reliable data entry thanks to BRGM registers;
- A display of the geological and technical cross-section;
- A description of the various tests/measures/analyses associated with the work, if available;
- A tool for generating multi-criteria cross-section displays;
- A standardised end-of-drilling report to wind up the work project based on a single declaration format.