Would you like more information about this offer or would you like to use our services? Please contact our teams.
A TGV Duplex high-speed train from french company SNCF driving on the LGV Est, the East European high speed railway line (Varreddes, France, 2018).
© Adobe Stock - olrat
Your issues and needs
Although considered as a moderate seismic risk area, mainland France is not immune to earthquakes and the damage they can cause. The scale of the human and economic consequences calls for tools adapted to the operating and monitoring constraints, in order to effectively meet the requirements set out in the prevention and safety plans:
- Receive a quick emergency warning in the event of an earthquake, covered by solid expert knowledge that takes into account the effects of particular sites on the parts of the structures to be monitored;
- Trigger an appropriate response (proportionate inspection) in order to identify actual structural damage to infrastructures and works and so that operations can be resumed under optimal safety conditions;
- Set up an action plan, provide feedback, or even manage an emergency.
Our added value
BRGM is developing a complete earthquake notification transmission service. This service is fully customisable to best meet your needs.
Through the service, BRGM provides the following in particular:
- The expertise of seismologists and IT engineers to check notifications and manage data;
- Processing and translating seismic data (magnitude, geographical areas, potential damage, impacts on populations, etc.) in the form of a customised PDF report;
- A web interface to consult the data (notifications, notification recipients, history of warnings);
- An SMS notification channel;
- The possibility to simulate seismic notifications.
Post-seismic mission following the earthquake of 24 August 2016 in central Italy (Amatrice, Italy, October 2016).
© BRGM - Nicolas Taillefer
References in the field of seismic risk for operators:
- Setting up an emergency warning for linear infrastructure managers;
- Regulatory study of local hazards (SEVESO classified installations, electricity generating sites, dams, etc.) in France and abroad;
- Suricate-Nate: a web portal that collects and analyses information relayed on Twitter concerning natural risks in France in real time.