BRGM publishes its gender equality index for 2020
88.00/ 100BRGM's gender equality index in 2020
A gender equality index of 88/100 at BRGM
In 2020, the gender equality index at BRGM was 88/100.
The index remained stable compared to 2019.
The score is calculated according to five indicators:
- Concerning equal pay, the salary gap between men and women at BRGM was 1.4% more favourable to men (in 2019 it was 1.2% more favourable to men).
- Concerning pay rises, the overall rate of increase was 1.7% greater for women (in 2019, the rate was 0.8% greater for men).
- Concerning promotions, a total of 1.8% more women were promoted than men (in 2019, the rate was 0.5% more favourable to men).
- One hundred percent of women returning from maternity leave received the pay increases they were entitled to during their absence (this was also the case in 2019).
- Only one woman among the ten highest salaries.
BRGM's commitment to gender equality in the workplace
BRGM is committed to gender equality in the workplace, in compliance with the French Act of 4 August 2014 and the company-level agreement on diversity and gender equality at work, signed on 10 July 2015. Since 3 December 2020, negotiations have been under way with the trade unions to renew this agreement.
Equality in the workplace means ensuring that there is no discrimination within the company. The challenge for BRGM is to achieve true equality between men and women at work, in particular by precluding day-to-day sexism at work, and by promoting equal pay, gender parity at management level and a gender-balanced workforce.