The technical forums on water will be investigating the challenge of a responsible and shared management of water resources. How can we take into account all the uses and specificities of each region? How can we collectively build sustainable and responsible solutions that respect the existing equilibrium?
Dominique Darmendrail, Director of the “Groundwater and global change” programme at BRGM, will lead a round table discussion entitled “Impact of global changes on water resources, adaptation strategy” from 3 to 4 pm.
Objectives and issues
- The forum will reflect on the different techniques, solutions, management methods and resources (as well as identifying points of convergence) that may be implemented to better manage water resources and address any specific upstream problems of a given catchment basin.
- It will enable discussions on multi-use management of water in a region as part of a global and systemic strategy.
- It will promote sustainable and shared management of water resources.
- It will enable specialists to meet the challenges together.
A look back at the Technical forum on water
9 - 9.30 am: Registration and refreshments
9.30-10.45 am : Opening speeches
- Pascal VIGUIER, Chairman of the Limagrain Group and Daniel PIERRE, Chairman of DREAM Water & Environment, Deputy Chairman of France Water Team
- President or Vice-President of the Auvergne Rhône Alpes Region
- Martin GUTTON, Director General of the Loire Brittany Water Agency
- Régine ENGSTROM, Prefect of the Centre-Val de Loire Region, basin coordinator
- Philippe CHOPIN, Prefect of the Puy de Dôme département
10.45 - 11.15 am: Break
11.15 am -12 noon: Keynote speaker - Jean LAUNAY, President of the French Water Partnership, Chairman of the National Water Committee
12 - 1 pm: Round table discussion: Presentation of the challenges of quantitative water management in France
- Issues related to headwaters, essential areas for water resources, DREAL
- Issues at the national level, Jean-Claude GUILLON, CCI coordinator for the metropolitan sub-committee
- Water and regional issues, links between management, uses, economy and climate change, Vice-Chairman of Limagrain
- Issues of resource management and climate change, Daniel FRECHET, Chairman of the Etablissement Public Loire
- Resource management issues for a community, Riom Limagne & Volcans conurbation community
1 pm - 2 pm: Time for discussion during a buffet lunch
2 pm - 4 pm: Round table discussions
- 2 pm - 3 pm: Agriculture and water resource issues, organised by Végépolys Valley & INRAe
- 3 pm - 4 pm: The impact of global changes on water resources, adaptation strategy, led by BRGM
4 pm - 4.15 pm: Break
4.15 pm - 5 pm: Closing speech on the geopolitics of water and conflicts over its use, Pierre BLANC, Professor of geopolitics at Bordeaux Sciences Agro and Sciences Po Bordeaux
5 pm - 5.10 pm: Closing speeches by France Water Team and Limagrain
- €150 for FRANCE WATER TEAM affiliated members, members of one of the 3 water clusters and for members of the VEGEPOLYS VALLEY cluster
- €300 for non-members