Poster for the event "Groundwater: the invisible part of the cycle of a single resource" (2023).
© Philippe Crochet
Groundwater, the invisible part of the cycle of a single resource
On the agenda: the influence of surface environments on groundwater quality, subsurface biodiversity and innovative approaches to characterising, preserving or restoring the hydraulic connection between subsurface and surface environments.
The day-long event has been specially tailored for scientists, consultancies, government departments and public bodies, local authority staff and management structures.
- Influence of surface water on groundwater quality
- Vulnerability of groundwater to the risk of pollutants being transferred from the surface
- Characterisation of exchanges between the Rhône and its aquifer: the role of riverbanks in water purification
- Impact of quantitative imbalance in surface water on the quality of a coastal karst aquifer
- Characterisation of groundwater/surface water interactions
- Impact of climate change on the capacity of aquifers to support low-water flows
- Are there nature-based solutions for sustainable groundwater management?
- Groundwater, home to a surprising biodiversity
- Hydraulic connectivity between surface and subsurface environments
There will also be time for discussion between each major theme.