The aim of European Sustainable Development Week is to promote sustainable development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) under the 2030 Agenda through numerous initiatives across Europe.
The ESDW will take place from 18 September to 8 October in connection with the anniversary of the 2030 Agenda, with a highlight from 20 to 26 September. Also in September, European Mobility Week from 16 to 22 September will be a part of this period of mobilisation on sustainable development issues.
Sustainable Development Weeks 2021 at BRGM: all actions count in moving towards a sustainable future
For this 2021 edition, over several days a unique event named "Sustainable Development Weeks at BRGM: all actions count in moving towards a sustainable world" will combine the traditional European Sustainable Development and Mobility Weeks and Waste Reduction Week (known as the Circular and Inclusive Economy Week at BRGM).
The event is labelled “La France en Transition” (“France in Transition”) under Agenda 2030 in France.
© Ministry for Ecological Transition
Programme of events
The entire period from 16 September to 7 October 2021 will feature activities for BRGM employees:
16 - 23 September 2021: 20th European Mobility Week
- Launch of the 4th Mobility Challenge entitled “Alternative Kilometres for a Good Cause!”
- A conference dedicated to reinstating the "Assises de la Transition écologique" by Orléans Métropole and the BRGM Corporate Social Responsibility Delegation.
- Feedback to employees from the mobility survey deployed in May-June 2021, by the BRGM Corporate Social Responsibility delegation and the CSE Sustainable Development Committee.
- Stands to present the steps taken and the activities carried out for soft mobility, the BRGM Omnisports Club and its Bicycle section, the Bicycle Workshop (an open-door event) and its dry car washing offer.
23 September to 1 October: European Sustainable Development Week 2021 and a focus on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Screening of a documentary film in 7 parts dedicated to four mega-cities and the urban experience of the future.
- "Forestry" walks organised at the BRGM site in Orleans.
- Collection of donations for local organisations involved in the circular and inclusive economy.
- Themed quizzes on the Sustainable Development Goals.
28 September and 7 October: Circular and Inclusive Economy Week
- Stands and events in partnership with BRGM's day-to-day service providers: ANSAMBLE for catering and PAPREC for waste management.
- Circular and Inclusive Economy Day with the Cent Association, the SOLIHA Federation, the Centre-Val de Loire Chamber of Trade and Crafts and IDP INFORMATIQUE.