At a time of growing concern about the state of the planet and its environment, the French Geological Society (SGF) organises an annual event supported by various organisations across France working in the field of geosciences. The event aims to engage with the general public and raise awareness about the Earth’s precious resources and the beauty and history of its natural landscapes.
In 2023, BRGM will once again be a partner of the National Geology Weekend organised by the French Geological Society. The event will take place from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 May 2023.
Aimed at the general public, the National Geology Weekend seeks to raise awareness about geosciences through the organisation of conferences, tours and excursions, most of which are free of charge.
The National Geology Weekend in Orléans
On the banks of the Loire
Friday afternoon and Saturday
- Exhibition about the Loire Valley and geosciences
- Specially designed board game on the subject of mineral resources, for children
- Rock sample (lithothèque) stand
- An animated film about the sands of the Loire River and the geological map of France
- "Au fil du temps" (Over time), an animated film about the different periods of the Earth
At the Orléans Museum for biodiversity and the Environment (MOBE)
Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday
- Talk on mineral resources in everyday life (Friday 26 May at 7pm)
- Virtual reality animation about the underground cavities in the Orléans area
- Board game based on the subject of mineral resources