IGN’s Research Days go digital.
For almost 30 years, IGN and ENSG have been hosting the Research Days event. This year, BRGM is a partner of this major meeting for the scientific community, which will be held exclusively online. More than thirty researchers from IGN-ENSG, INRIA, BRGM, Météo France and SHOM are hoping many of you will be able to join them from 5 to 9 October 2020 to learn more about their work on artificial intelligence.
At this event, you will be able to:
- access presentations by scientists on the IGN channel;
- ask written questions via comments;
- chat with scientists during four daily live video sessions at 11am.
Predictive mapping and machine learning at BRGM
On Thursday 8 October from 11am to 12pm, Vincent Labbé, a data scientist and big data engineer at BRGM, presents BRGM's recent work on “data-based predictive mapping.” The work is presented through two projects with distinct objectives:
- predictive mapping applied to mineral resources, to answer the question: “Where should we dig to find the next gold vein?”;
- predictive mapping applied to environmental pollution, or how to help the environmental police develop their enforcement plans.
- Monday 5 October 2020: Facilitated live opening session
- Tuesday 6 October 2020: Time-data analysis
- Wednesday 7 October 2020: Government policy and environmental challenges
- Thursday 8 October 2020: 2D, 3D and multimodal data
- Friday 9 October 2020: Data accuracy and qualification
Date and place
From October 5 to 9, 2020.
The event will be held by videoconference.
Presentations will remain accessible online for the duration of the event and for the following 3 months.