European Geothermal Congress 2022 logo.
Organised every 3 years by EGEC, the European association representing the geothermal sector, the European Geothermal Congress – EGC – is the largest geothermal event in Europe.
It brings together all the various stakeholders involved in the sector, whether they be academics, industrial companies, financial partners, policy-makers or social organisations.
In view of its expertise and involvement in the field of energy transition, and particularly geothermal energy, BRGM will be participating in this event.
In 2022, the EGC will take place in Germany, the 4th largest market in Europe in terms of geothermal-energy use for urban heating and cooling, and the largest in terms of capacity-development plans.
EGC 2022 will include a combination of events:
- A scientific conference with both oral and poster presentations
- Speakers from industry and specialised events for business development
- Events and presentations for and from national and European policy-makers
- An exhibition
- Training courses
- Social and networking events
- Parallel conferences for European projects