The JUNON programme, digital twins working for natural resources in the Centre-Val de Loire region
At a time of digital and environmental transition, the Centre-Val de Loire Region and its partners have set their sights on creating a unique and innovative digital centre dedicated to the environment and the management of natural resources. The culmination of this project is the development of digital twins on water, ground and air using the latest developments in artificial intelligence.
The JUNON programme, led by BRGM, is part of the regional “Centre-Val de Loire Ambition Research Development” scheme. This ambitious programme to develop a digital centre for research on the continental environment (agricultural, urban, forests and rivers) in the Centre-Val de Loire region aims to design digital services to improve monitoring and understanding of the environment, for better management of natural resources.
Digital twin of the Vienna underground. The U2 and U4 lines intersecting at the Pilgramgasse station have turned it into a major public transport hub.
© Données de la Ville de Vienne / OLN - Office le Nomade - Mossburger
Programme of the event
- 8:30 am - Registration and refreshments
- 9 am - JUNON: a regional ambition
- Introduction and welcome (Michèle Rousseau, Chair of BRGM)
- Regional ambition (Anne Besnier, Vice-President, Delegate for Higher Education and Research, Centre-Val de Loire Regional Council)
- Academic partners (Universities of Orléans and Tours, INRAE, CNRS)
- 9:30 am - Presentation of the JUNON Programme
- General presentation of the programme (Sébastien DUPRAZ, JUNON Coordinator)
- What are digital twins?
- From needs to twin pillars (Hervé Gaboriau, Dream)
- EAU and SOL/AIR twins (V. Daële, L. Gourcy)
- 10:20 am - Meeting with users
- Challenges for the sustainable management of natural resources in the region (Round table discussion moderated by Dream)
- Imagining the future services of JUNON and its users (Round table discussion moderated by OVLT)
- 12 am - Perspective and closing session
- 12.15 pm - Lunch in BRGM's small lounges
Free but mandatory registration.
Date: Monday 16 January from 8.30 am to 1.30 pm
Venue: BRGM auditorium, 3 Avenue Claude Guillemin, 45100 Orléans