BRGM took advantage of the Congress of the Société de l'Industrie Minérale (SIM) held in Metz from 17 to 20 October 2017 to unveil the new map entitled “Extraction and production of metals and salt – France (Situation 2017)”.
BRGM: producing knowledge on mineral resources
This map shows the mines in operation, metal and salt processing plants, and mineral deposits in mainland France, French Guiana and New Caledonia. It illustrates non-energy mining potential and locates all mineral extraction sites. It also shows plants currently producing metals from mineral ores and/or waste.
A collection of maps on mineral resources
It supplements the set of maps on mineral resources:
- “Quarries in France: Active quarries”
- “Quarries in France: Industrial rocks and minerals”
- “Quarries in France: Ornamental and construction stone”
- Price to general public: €8 Incl. VAT
- Format: 132 x 82 cm
- Reference: CEPMS2017
- Price to general public: €24 Incl. VAT
- Reference: CollCCARF