Cover of BRGM's public policy support activities orientation document.
BRGM's public-policy support programme includes expert assessments, monitoring and studies dedicated to the development of products, processes and services for the government, local authorities, target-oriented agencies and other public institutions.
It is prepared in consultation with national and local public stakeholders during regional planning committee meetings, which will be held in the French regions in September and October.
This programme is drawn up on the basis of general guidelines laid down by the national public services steering committee (CNO), which brings together BRGM's supervisory ministries, as well as ministries responsible for areas in which BRGM operates.
Six strategic guidelines
BRGM's public-policy support programme is based on six guidelines:
- Improving knowledge of the subsurface and developing a geological infrastructure
- Engaging in energy transition
- Consolidating the rational, sustainable and responsible management of primary and secondary mineral resources
- Better integrating risks to ensure sustainable spatial planning
- Sustainably managing water resources
- Managing the geoscientific and environmental data cycle
Published in an accessible format, these guidelines are illustrated with several examples planned for 2021, which will capitalise on the results of previous research and enable exploratory or collaborative work to be undertaken with other public institutions.