A range of training courses covering every field of geoscience
BRGM Formation's catalogue of training courses for 2023 is now available.
As a benchmark public institution specialising in Earth Science applications, as well as a key consultant for industry, the scientific community and government, BRGM has sought to transfer its knowledge and know-how, both locally and internationally, for more than 20 years via its training branch, BRGM Formation.
Transferring skills is central to the mission of BRGM. It offers a coherent set of vocational training courses based on its core area of expertise – geology – and its many applications in the environmental and spatial planning fields.
BRGM Formation provides:
- Nearly 80 training courses aimed at design and engineering offices, industry, government departments and agencies, regional and local authorities, etc.
- 150 BRGM trainers, committed to transferring knowledge and know-how and motivated by the desire to share and exchange with all audiences: research engineers and technicians with expertise in geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology, geophysics, geochemistry, modelling, and environmental issues.
Exclusive 100% e-learning course "Geology and geotechnics for development projects" with BRGM Formation.
New in 2023: an exclusive new course in a 100% e-learning format
Geology and geotechnics for development projects
The French power-grid operator, RTE (Réseau de Transport d'Électricité), and BRGM have combined their expertise to develop an exclusive e-learning course. With its engaging and stimulating content, this 7-hour individual course is split into 3 main modules that you can follow at your own pace to develop your geology and geotechnics skills in complete autonomy:
- The nature of rocks and soils
- The mechanics of rocks and soils
- Geological and geotechnical project studies
Aimed at professionals working in the field of urban and spatial planning, this online training course is delivered via BRGM Formation's e-learning platform. It provides course participants with a solid foundation of knowledge in geology and geotechnics, enabling them to improve their management and use of the subsurface and the quality of the solutions implemented, while controlling the technical solutions and costs of each decision more effectively.