Page d’accueil du nouveau site MétéEAU Nappes.
Developed by BRGM, the MétéEAU Nappes website is a tool that monitors the real-time status of water tables in France and forecasts changes in their levels.
A tool to assist in groundwater management
MétéEAU Nappes is a genuine decision-support tool for managing water resources in sensitive areas. It provides a range of useful services to help manage low-water periods or the risk of flooding due to rising water tables:
- Display of the water table status for the day in question and forecasts for the future, thanks to a web service that calculates the Standardised Piezometric Level Indicator (SPLI) for real-time piezometric data as well as for forecast data.
- Real-time collection and dissemination of groundwater data (approximately 1,500 piezometers out of the 1,600 managed by BRGM automatically provide data on a daily basis).
- Provision of the most recent data available concerning surface water and rainfall.
- Decision-support service for regional water management (integration of piezometric thresholds for usage restrictions based on Prefectoral drought-situation decrees).
- Maps and graph curves updated on each login date (dynamic information).
- Automatic monthly updates of predictive groundwater level data.
- Restricted access feature for consulting specific models or a particular geographical area, etc.
- Application Programming Interface (API) enabling direct data exchanges with MétéEAU Nappes.