Whether you are looking for a permanent or fixed-term contract, a post-doctorate or civic-service internship in geosciences or an administrative post, send us your application now! We take on more than 200 new staff a year – primarily researchers, engineers and technicians – for positions in mainland France and the French Overseas Territories.
We are also committed to training tomorrow's talented personnel and many positions are open to students on work-study schemes, interns and PhD students.
5 good reasons for joining BRGM
- The chance to work with teams of dedicated experts on innovative research projects addressing key societal issues,
- An HR policy that promotes skills development and mobility as well as professional equality and diversity,
- High-quality working conditions, with an environment conducive to employee well-being and a number of staff benefits,
- A workplace culture and values based on professional ethics and the principles of respect, cooperation, competence, transparency and impartiality,
- A CSR policy focused on environmental protection and employee well-being.
Occupations and careers at BRGM
Your career with BRGM
We attach great importance to your career development.
Ongoing occupational training is one of the keys to your career development - which is why we devote 6% of our payroll to the training budget. Each year, 90% of our employees complete at least one training course to enable them to maintain or develop their skills.
We also have an HR policy that provides you with opportunities to further your career, take on responsibilities, work in different geographical regions, or even on international assignments so as to take your expertise beyond our national borders.
Careers in research and support for research
At BRGM, careers in research aim to develop geological knowledge and an understanding of surface and subsurface processes. Careers that support and assist research work encompass administrative and support functions.
Our job opportunities
Engineers, researchers, project managers, technicians in the field of geosciences (geology, hydrogeology, polluted sites and soils, chemistry and geochemistry, information systems, geotechnology, geophysics, post-mining, geothermal energy, etc.), but also positions in management or administrative functions; these are some of the many job opportunities available at BRGM every year.
Positions are available at our scientific and technical centre in Orléans or in our regional offices in mainland France or overseas.
We are also committed to becoming a disability-friendly organisation and our vacancies are therefore open to people with disabilities.
Send your application to BRGM now! We take on more than 200 new staff every year for positions in mainland France and Overseas Territories.
Our recruitment process
BRGM has a formal recruitment procedure, which sets out how each recruitment process is to be prepared and implemented, in accordance with the company's human resources policy, labour-relations agreements, strategy and staffing levels. Below, you will find the recruitment process for staff hired on permanent and fixed-term contracts (PhD students are subject to a different process).
You should send your job application via our website. If your profile matches the requirements of the position to be filled, your application will be forwarded by the HR Recruitment Unit to the department/office in which the successful candidate will work. If the department/office is interested in your profile, you will be contacted for a preliminary telephone interview to validate certain recruitment criteria (availability, salary expectations, etc.). If you are then short-listed, you will be invited to the recruitment interviews which take place in Orléans. During these interviews, you will meet (successively):
- the operational managers concerned, including the team manager,
- an operational manager directly linked to the post to be filled,
- the Human Resources Manager.
The interviews are used to assess why you think you are the right person for the job and discuss your career plan, but also to check the fit between your technical and soft skills and the position to be filled, to ensure the future integration is successful!
Additional tests and/or interviews may be arranged before a final decision is made.
At the end of the process, each candidate interviewed is given a personalised response.
Our integration programme
The integration process is a key to helping new employees take up their position and become part of the company.
With this in mind, an integration programme has been set up to help new BRGM recruits get familiar with the company, the working environment and their job.
During the integration period, follow-up meetings are regularly organised between the new recruit, his/her manager and his/her sponsor. These meeting enable us to check that the integration period is going smoothly and to make any adjustments to the support programme that may be needed.
The integration process also involves training courses during the first few months, in particular the "Knowledge of the company" course, a 2-day module involving presentations and guided tours.
Employment and disability at BRGM: our recruitment embraces all talents!
BRGM, an inclusive organisation
BRGM has an active policy in favour of employing persons with disabilities.
It aims to be a truly inclusive organisation:
- by recruiting disabled employees on long-term contracts, based on the principle of inclusion through competence. BRGM pays particular attention to organising the workstations of new recruits as soon as they are hired. Consequently, each person - whether an employee on a permanent or fixed-term contract, temporary worker or trainee - works under the best possible conditions and everyone can fully express their skills and ability;
- by providing training to help young people with disabilities build more secure career paths (through internships, work-study contracts, etc.).
- by ensuring job stability for disabled employees through personalised support during their careers and accessibility to BRGM sites.
- by establishing innovative partnerships with the sheltered or adapted employment sector (indirect employment through contracts with disability-friendly enterprises and independent disabled workers) to contribute to indirect employment and the clear policy of inclusion at BRGM.
In 7 years, the direct disability employment rate at BRGM has risen from 1.8% in 2014 to 5.6% in 2021, not far from the regulatory target of 6%.
BRGM has signed the Inclusive Business Charter, which is part of the national initiative entitled "La France, une chance, les entreprises s'engagent" ("France, an opportunity, businesses commit").
All our positions are open to people with disabilities.