GesFor software for drilling professionals
GesFor, a drilling management application maintained by the BRGM, is supplied free of charge to drilling professionals, who may use it to:
- Prepare site documentation (measurement sheets, checklists, etc.),
- Draw technical and geological cross-sections of boreholes,
- Plot discharge curves from their pumping data,
- Draw up drilling reports,
- Export drilling files to the subsoils databank (BSS) or other GesFor database,
- Manage drilling archives.
In return for supplying the software free of charge, the BRGM expects drilling professionals to use GesFor to declare projects involving the subsoil as required by law under the Mining Code.
Important note: please read before installing GesFor
- Single user: The current version of GesFor is a “single user” package, meaning that a GesFor database cannot be accessed simultaneously from two workstations.
- Data saving: Only one version of GesFor can be used on a workstation. Therefore, before using this new version, users are advised to complete all tasks begun with the previous version and to save the data.
Once you have done so, you will be able to download the following to start using the new version:
- A compressed file containing all GesFor installation data for Windows 98, XP, Vista or Seven;
- A PDF guide on compliance with the Ministerial Order of 11 September 2003 concerning section 1.1.0 of the Water Nomenclature, with the Adobe Acrobat Reader installer if needed.
- If applicable, one or more compressed files containing updates for the current version.
We hope you will enjoy working with GesFor.