Launch of the IRiMa Priority Programmes and Equipment for Exploratory Research (PEPR) project on 22 May 2023.
IRiMa, the integrated risk management programme for more resilient societies in an era of global change
The purpose of the IRiMa programme is to formalise a "risk science" to contribute to the development of a new strategy for managing risks and disasters and their impacts in a context of global change. For this purpose it implements a series of research projects and expert assessments (involving observation, analysis or support for decision making) to speed up the transition to a society capable of facing a range of threats (hydro-climatic, seismic, technological, health-related, coupled) by adapting and becoming more resilient and sustainable. In order to meet this challenge, which is exacerbated by climate change, it is necessary to consolidate, stimulate and coordinate the national research effort.
For this launch day, several conference sessions were scheduled in the morning and afternoon.
Replay of the program launch
09:00 > 10:00 am
Reception and coffee
10:00 > 10:30 am
Opening speech by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and the Ministry of Ecological Transition
10:30 > 11:00 am
Speeches by the chairpersons of the joint leading institutions
C. Poinssot (Acting Chair of BRGM), H. Courtois (Vice-Chair of Research at Université Grenoble Alpes), A. Petit (CEO of CNRS)
11:00 > 12:00 noon
Round table: What exploratory research on risk management does civil society need?
- Opening speech by P. Touhoat (Member of the Académie des Technologies)
- Discussions with P. Freyssinet (Director of Research at BRGM), M. Gaille (Director, CNRS/INSHS), H. Courtois (Vice-Chair of Research at Université Grenoble Alpes), B. Ulliac (Directorate General for Civil Protection and Crisis Management - DGSCGC), D. Buffin (Ministry of Culture), V. Lehideux (Directorate General for Risk Prevention - DGPR)
- Plenary discussion
12:00 > 12:30 pm
Presentation of the IRiMa research programme by its co-directors
G. Grandjean, S. Boudia, D. Georges
12:30 > 12:45 pm
12:45 > 2:00 pm
2:00 > 4:30 pm
Presentation of the IRiMa programme (targeted projects and open calls)
- Targeted projects: mountain risks (N. Eckert/V. Jomelli), coastal risks (A. Sottolichio/E. David), NATECH risks (F. Carré/I. Korsakissok), Overseas risks (A. Le Friand/Y. De la Torre) - Cross-cutting projects: risks and societies (S. Boudia), platforms (J. Langlois), group chairs (S. Boudia), international action (D. Georges)
- Calls for projects and calls for expressions of interest (G. Grandjean)
4:30 > 5:00 pm
Questions and answers
- Monday 22 May 2023 from 09:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Cité des sciences et de l'industrie, 30 avenue Corentin-Cariou - 75019 Paris
- Accessible as video conferences
- Registration required.